Winterholler Dentistry now has a VELscope to screen you for oral cancer. It’s a two-minute exam that could save your life.
Dr. Oz recommends a VELscope Oral Cancer screening on his show.
Oral cancer kills one American every hour of every day and it’s important to detect it early. Devices like VELscope can quickly and accurately detect oral cancer, and can be done during a standard dental visit.
So what is VELscope, exactly? Here are a few facts about the innovative oral cancer screening device:
- It’s non-invasive: A hand-held device, it uses a safe blue light that easily detects problematic tissue. No injections, rinses or stains. Just a simple examination to ensure your mouth’s health.
- It’s effective: Your dentist is trained in detecting oral abnormalities through traditional examinations, but the VELscope makes it easier than ever. The natural fluorophores on the surface of your mouth light up when exposed to the light, allowing for easy identification of dark or problematic spots.
- It’s a thorough diagnostic tool: Unlike other devices and technologies, VELscope is not a one-function device. It detects possible diseases and provides more visual information you won’t find anywhere else.
- It isn’t just for oral cancer: Studies have shown VELscope can detect more than just oral cancer. From bacterial infections and inflammations to tumors and mucosal abnormalities, it has the ability to detect a variety of possible diseases.
- It only takes a couple minutes: Thanks to its non-invasive, efficient design, an oral cancer screening with VELscope takes one or two minutes.
Don’t become a statistic. Ask Dr. Winterholler for an oral cancer exam today.